2017 EIE Finalists
The Christian Editor Connection is pleased to announce the following books as finalists in the Excellence in Editing Award:
- A Wife of Valor: Your Strategic Importance in God’s Battle Plan by Rebecca D. Bruner
- Life Lessons from the National Parks by Penny Musco
- Anchor Me: Laying a Foundation in Bible Study and Prayer by Patti Greene
- The Caregiving Season by Jane Daly
- Broken Crayons Still Color by Shelley Hitz
- Song of Silence by Cynthia Ruchti
- Restoring Christmas by Cynthia Ruchti
- No Neutral Ground by Terri Wangard
- Winning Your Daily Spiritual Battles by Linda Evans Shepherd
- Raising a Young Modern Day Princess by Doreen Hanna
These entries have entered the third and final review round.
Winners will be announced at the SoCal Christian Writers’ Conference at Biola University in La Mirada, California. The conference runs from June 22–24. The awards presentation will be on the last day, Saturday, starting at 4:15, followed by dinner, keynote address from Allen Arnold, and an autograph party. Trophies will be presented to authors of the winning books. If a winning author is not present, a representative chosen by the author may accept the trophy on his/her behalf. (If no one is present to accept the trophy, it will be shipped to the author after the event.)
Authors, editors, agents, and publishers of EIE finalist books can get a 10 percent discount off registration for the conference (one, two, or all three days) if they register on the website (www.SoCalCWC.com) before the online registration deadline. Those who don’t come to the conference may attend the Saturday awards presentation, dinner, keynote, and autograph party for 50 percent off the one-day registration price. (E-mail director Kathy Ide, KathyIde@SoCalCWC.com, for discount code before registering.)
If the author, editor, agent, or publisher of an EIE finalist book wishes to consign that book to the SoCal conference bookstore, copies may be shipped in advance (must be received at least one week prior to the event) or brought to the conference in person (no later than 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning).